Environment and Safety
Responsible Care® is a voluntary commitment by numerous companies worldwide to operate in a responsible way towards people safety and environmental protection. We in Waterfront Shipping fully adopt and incorporate this Responsible Care ethos in the operation of our fleet, and in our management practices.
In line with this commitment we develop and continually improve Responsible Care programs and standards to raise the safety and environmental performance of all ships in our fleet; some of these programs are:
- Annual Safety Inspections to all ships, performance analysis and reports
- Semi-annual Methanol and Nitrogen Safety Handling Training to all crews
- Annual Chemical Distribution Institute (CDI) marine inspections to vessels
- Best practice innovating and sharing via Methanol Group by-yearly seminars
- Recording and analysis incidents and near misses with Lessons Leaned reports